Homecoming is just around the corner, time to find the perfect hairstyle to go with your vibe for the big night. From braids, beautiful cascading styles and romantic ponytails we have the 10 best hairstyles to serve as major Hoco inspo. Grab your fave hairsprays and get styling!
1. Twisted Texture - Let's take this simple ponytail and give it a little texturizing love!
Step 1: Secure hair in a low pony leaving one piece out to the side and spraying liberally with Texture Takeover Oomph Enhancing Texturizing Hairspray.
Step 2: Wrap the hair left out around the pony and secure with a bobby pin.
Step 3: Separate pony in two and fishtail braid the first section pulling apart to widen the braid.
Step 4: Braid the other section and pull it apart as well.
Step 5: Spray again with Texture Takeover Oomph Enhancing Texturizing Hairspray to give the braids grip and firmness without crunch.
Step 6: Twists braids together and secure with an elastic at the bottom.
Voila! Pull random pieces and customize your final look!
2. Fishtail Braided Side Bun - This variation of a classic fishtail braid with a side bun is perfect for strapless dresses & dancing the night away. You'll need Workable Wear Shaping Hairspray to use as you create the braid and Style Stay Firm Hold Hairspray for long-lasting hold.
3. Halo Braid - Romantic and totally beautiful, this style is great to show off a dress with statement making back you want noticed. ⠀
Step 1: Spray roots with Dirty to Flirty Dry Shampoo and let it absorb for up to 5 minutes. Then spray Texture Takeover Oomph Enhancing Texturizing Hairspray all over to build your braiding base. ⠀
Step 2: Create a deep part on whichever side you feel more comfortable with. The deeper the part the better. The goal is to create a halo dutch braid that spans your entire head. ⠀
Step 3: Once you've completed the braid spray more Texture Takeover Oomph Enhancing Texturizing Hairspray and begin to stretch the braid to make it flat and wide.⠀
Step 4: Take the remaining hair hanging and twist and pin into a chignon. Finish with one more layer of Texture Takeover Oomph Enhancing Texturizing Hairspray
4. Stretched Dutch Braid - Want a fat, stretched braid that gives major impact! To get this look prep with Texture Takeover Oomph Enhancing Texturizing Hairspray to provide grip as you braid. Then use again while pulling and stretching the braid.
5. Dutch Side Braid - If you want to push bangs or shorter layers back this braid works beautifully. Style with Workable Wear Shaping Hairspray for more flexibility and extra drying time while braiding. Then stretch the braid to the desired size.
6. Topsy-Turvy Fancy Ponytail - this romantic, topsy tail pony with soft curls is super easy and the perfect 'special occasion' pony!
Step 1: Curl hair with Workable Wear Shaping Hairspray, spraying each piece before curling. ⠀
Step 2: Secure hair in low loose pony. Pull out pieces in front to soften the style.
Step 3: Next split pony into two sections at the base of head and flip the pony forward through the opening you created. ⠀
Step 4: Finish by wrapping a piece of hair from underneath the pony around the elastic. Spray all over with Flex Reflect Lightweight Glossing Hairspray. ⠀
7. Twisted Crown Ponytail - This pretty pony is just begging for a crown! You'll need Workable Wear Shaping Hairspray to prep hair to hold the twist. The twist is a nice departure from a regular braid and adds a unique dimension to this ponytail. Instead of a three using three pieces only use two to create the twist. Finish by spraying the pony with Texture Takeover Oomph Enhancing Texturizing Hairspray
WAVES & CURLS
8. Bouncy Blow Out -Nothing says special occasion hair like a big, bouncy blow out that just won't quit. To get a style like this one prep with Smooth for Sure Blowout Cream for a smooth foundation that's protected from heat damage. Next, spray each piece of hair with Workable Wear Shaping Hairspray before curling. After hair is curled brush curls out with your hands and finish with Texture Takeover Oomph Enhancing Texturizing Hairspray
9. The Bend - Want to keep things simple, try the below steps to create the bend. A little texture, a little smoothness...all cool! Cool girl hair awaits, perfect for a LBD. You'll need Workable Wear Shaping Hairspray & your fave curling wand.
10. Half-Up Halo Dutch Braid - This braid is simple and stunning...a perfect homecoming combo.
Step 1: Start by spraying hair all over with Texture Takeover Oomph Enhancing Texturizing Hairspray to give hair grip.
Step 2: Section hair along your part, braid hair and secure with an hair elastic.Repeat on the other side
Step 3: Pull one of your braids to the back of your head and secure tightly with bobby pins. Then pull your other braid to the back, creating an “X” at the back of your head. Secure with more bobby pins. Then Remove any remaining hair elastics, and secure any loose ends or stray hairs with bobby pins.
Step 4: Create soft waves in the rest of your hair by curling with a one-inch or larger curling iron or wand + Workable Wear Shaping Hairspray